Last visit was: It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Interview with the Kat - Deacon Frost
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:45 pm 
Official Bronze Reporter

Kat: Good Morning Deacon Frost and welcome to the Bronze Podium.
First, let me thank you for joining us so early on a Sunday morning.
You're another old skool Bronzer and I think that it's time we learned a little more about you.
DF: Oh.. the power. It feels good being at the Podium. I wonder if I can stay here more than a week?
Kat: Maybe just a bit longer. :)

Kat: When did you first start posting at the old WB Bronze?
DF: My first post wasn't in the threaded boards but in the Linear ones. Deacon Frost wasn't even my name then, I went by "Carnor Jax" (the name is of a SW Expanded Universe character). I was so young and foolish the net being all too new for me. I only posted once or twice trying to talk to Joss or David Fury.
Then I saw Blade the Vampire Hunter's name and then it clicked. I always thought the bad guy names where always the more cooler so hence the name I chose, Blade's arch nemesis.
I continued to post at the Linear board for awhile during the summer of '98, but then I saw there was another board unlike the linear where you could post. That's when I started on the threaded board.
Kat: I never liked the Linear, much, either.

Kat: Who were the first Bronzers that you got to know there?
DF: Dru, lonewolf, Pagan, Angel308, sparkie, pagiey, and I know I'm forgeting more names wish I could remember all the names that where my friends at that time period. Though I'll always remember one in particular, M. She was the first Bronzer who replied to my post and the first friend on the Bronze I had.
Kat: Wow, Deacon! A lot of old skool names there.

Kat: What is your all time favorite Bronze thread?
DF: The rp threads of Amythest, buffluv, Dru, M, and ~b~. Though also I really enjoyed being in the Misfit threads near the end with Liv, Forever Faith, and Angelica.
Kat: The misfit threads were awesome!

Kat: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
DF: Kyoto, Japan. That be heaven for me. To see the shrines and temples to get to know the history of it all. Plus of course the haven of all things video games, manga, anime, and Godzilla.

Kat: We all have our little moments when we want to be alone. Where do you go when you're in a solitary state of mind?
DF: I pretty much go for a walk around the neigborhood. To enjoy the sights, sounds, the traquility of the small pond near me,and the ducks that are near said pond.
Kat: Nothing like a walk.
DF: That or going to my room and locking the door and putting in some Enya to listen too.. course that doesn't last long since Petey is by my door demanding he be in my room to get more attention, affection, and love. Darn mutt...
Kat: Well, nothing except your dog. :)

Kat: What was the last movie that you saw?
DF: Transformers and I am so seeing that again!!
Kat: I'm planning on seeing that soon!

Kat: What is your current favorite TV program?
DF: A threeway tie between Ghost Hunters, Doctor Who (Vote Saxon!) and Bleach.

Kat: What is the last book that you read?
DF: Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps One Shot #1

Kat: What is the weirdest thing that ever happened to you?
DF: Oh I have a ton of wierd and ackward moments througout my life. One of the worse being at a computer lounge and seeing the guy one chair away from me having too much fun with what he was watching if you get my drift. I had to just walk away and then scream "EW!!" in my head.
Kat: ick-ick-ick
DF: Yeah pretty much my first words to my friends when I saw them.

Kat: Who is your favorite Joss World character?
DF: Mayor Richard Wilkins III just for his dark humor then comes his version of Wolverine in Astonishing X-Men.
Kat: LOL. Love him and his hand washing fetish.
DF: It wasn't a fetish. Can you imagine the germs and disease walking around Sunnydale? *holds out something* Handwipe? *smiles innocently*
Kat: *wipes anxiously*

Kat: If there was a disaster in your area, what is the first thing that you'd save?
DF: Probably my hard drive. No way I'm letting all my writing get destroyed. Then come my action figure of Beast Wars Megatron and the little Cyber Duckie card Bpurg drew me. No way I'm letting those two items leave my sight!
Kat: A Bpurg drawing? Yup, have to save that!

Kat: If you could have one date with any celebrity, who would you choose?
DF: Zooey Deschanel, she has that humor and innocent girl that drives me wild.
Kat: Lovely! Weeds, right?
DF: Maybe, don't have Showtime, but I saw her in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Elf.

Kat: What's the first thing you notice about a girl?
DF: Their eyes, it's always the eyes which get my notice first.

Kat: Where do you go where everyone know's your name?
DF: My old community college. I just walk in one area and they scream out, "hey!"
Kat: Norm!!
DF: Exactly..

Kat: You have a 24 hour "get out of it free" clause from Wolfram and Hart. What would you do with it?
DF: I want to takeover DC Comics and run them the way I would. Plus give Bpurg her dream job of drawing Harley and abusing the Joker.

Kat: And the final question is.....What do you think really happened to Miss Kitty Fantastico?
DF: She became the first kitten-kabob.
Kat: No way!!

Kat: Well DF, looks my time here is up. Thank you for taking the time this morning to do this for us. It has been a real pleasure, you've been super about it all. May your life be filled with as much enjoyment as BtVS has given to us.
DF: *holds onto Podium* I like being here. I want to stay and corrupt! Evil must linger here as well! NOOO!!!!!!!!
Kat: hmmmm. Looks like we'll have to evict the evil one before we can use the podium for our next interview....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:48 pm 

Awww....I remember those RP threads at the original bronze. Those were good times!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Interview with the Kat - Deacon Frost
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:34 pm 
Throughly Modern Mod

These interviews are so good even though I was not a Bronzer.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:01 pm 
Official Bronze Reporter

I loved doing these. Mostly it was the back and forth between us all, you know?
I have loads of friends but still the ones that I met through that Buffy board will always be with me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:55 pm 
Throughly Modern Mod

All about the banter? A little like Buffy and the Scoobs?

Offline Profile